Hasbro has announced the passing of CEO Brian Goldner. He served as the CEO of Hasbro Inc. since 2008, and as chairman since May 2015. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his Family.
Here was some of his accomplishments while at Hasbro.
• Chief architect in the transformation of Hasbro’s business globally and in successfully formulating, executing and accelerating the Company’s Brand Blueprint strategy, leading the Company’s evolution from a traditional toy and game manufacturer into a global play and entertainment leader, including most recently through his leadership in the acquisition of eOne.
• Possesses knowledge, expertise and experience regarding strategic and operational planning and execution in global brand and entertainment industries. He has driven immersive play offerings and used storytelling to build global consumer franchises. His expertise in recognizing the industry’s trends and challenges, expertise in the media and entertainment industries, and experience in marketing, product and brand development have been paramount in developing the framework for creating multi-faceted brand experiences for fans, families, kids and audiences around the world.
• Pioneered Hasbro’s entry into entertainment and oversees the Company’s omni-channel storytelling, through eOne’s television, film and music business and Hasbro’s film labels, animation studio, in-house creative agency, and a co-production and distribution partnership with Paramount Pictures.
• Led the Company’s digital-first approach, engaging consumers in content to commerce solutions across multiple platforms.
• Forged important relationships with some of the most valuable properties in the industry, including Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Princess and Disney Frozen with The Walt Disney Company, Universal Dreamworks Trolls, Sesame Street and Beyblade, as well as trending properties that have a massive global fan base, such as Fortnite and Overwatch.